For SAJC Members travelling interstate or overseas
A reciprocal right is the ability to enjoy membership privileges with major interstate and some international racing clubs. Reciprocal rights do not apply for other thoroughbred racing clubs in South Australia.
Reciprocal rights are established by each Club, and limitations may apply on major race days and at select racing carnivals. To find out about your entitlements as an SAJC member traveling interstate or overseas, contact the Club you intend to visit directly using the details below.
The SAJC has reciprocal relationships with the following interstate Clubs
- Alice Springs Turf Club (08) 8952 4977 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Australian Turf Club (02) 9663 8400 email@example.com
- Brisbane Racing Club (07) 3268 2171 firstname.lastname@example.org (click here for the reciprocal ticket application form for the 2014 Brisbane Racing Carnival - Saturday 10 May - Saturday 7 June)
- Canberra Racing - Thoroughbred Park (02) 6204 0000 email@example.com
- Darwin Turf Club (08) 8923 4222 firstname.lastname@example.org (click here for the reciprocal ticket application form for the 2014 Carlton Mid Darwin Cup Carnival)
- Gold Coast Turf Club (07) 5538 1599 email@example.com
- Geelong Racing Club (03) 5229 4414 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melbourne Racing Club (03) 9257 7200 email@example.com (click here for reciprocal arrangements)
- Moonee Valley Racing Club (03) 9373 2222 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newcastle Jockey Club (02) 4961 1573 email@example.com
- Tasmanian Racing Club (03) 6272 9492 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tasmanian Turf Club (03) 6326 1070 email@example.com
- Perth Racing (08) 9277 0777 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Victoria Racing Club 1300 727 575 email@example.com
The SAJC has reciprocal relationships with some major international racing clubs. Our Members have travelled to:
- Arlington Park - Illinois, USA
- Dubai Racing Club (Meydan)
- Hong Kong Jockey Club (Macau, Sha Tin and Happy Valley)
- Royal Ascot - Berkshire, UK. Click here to view the protocols for overseas visitors from the British Horseracing Authority. Click here to download the form for 2014 Oaks/Derby Day.
- Singapore Turf Club
- Penang Turf Club
The SAJC Membership Department can provide you with a letter of introduction confirming your membership status with the SAJC, and can make arrangements with other racing clubs. Contact: 08 8295 0105, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For interstate and international Club Members visiting the SAJC
Financial Members of interstate (as listed above) or international Clubs are welcome to attend race meets at Morphettville Racecourse and receive some members' privelages. Reciprocal rights are established by the SAJC, and limitations may apply on major race days.
Individuals seeking reciprocal rights with the SAJC will need to provide:
- Interstate Members: current Members’ Card or Members’ Badge and photo ID
- International Members: a letter of introduction from their Club and photo ID
These items must be presented at the Secretary’s Office to receive...
Regular race days - 1 x complimentary members pass & 1 x complimentary guest pass
Feature race days - can purchase up to six (6) day passes - click here for pricing
TattsBet Adelaide Cup Day or Melbourne Cup Day - can purchase up to four (4) day passes - click here for pricing
- Reciprocity does not include racecourse admission
- Interstate Clubs will be informed where reciprocal rights do not apply and asked to forward this information to their respective memberships